How long will you wait before visiting Epic Universe?

We’re planning either early December 2025 or April/May 2026. The latter might be a better bet for overall crowd levels in Orlando, but that’s such a long wait and we’ve always been curious about experiencing the Xmas vibe at WDW and Universal.
We solved our dilemma by spur-of-the-moment booking an early December trip this year, when we saw a flight deal that was too good to pass up.

Now we’ll have a much easier time waiting 18 months between trips for an April/May 2026 visit to Epic Universe. Planning to allocate three days for Epic, and depending on the perks we will consider a night or two at Helios Grand.

Short answer... not anytime soon. After a few visits to Universal (Both Florida and Hollywood), there are at least two things I am not a fan of when it comes to Universal... their ride systems (which is not as gentle on the stomach...) and their willingness to pack their parks even more than Disney, while being unable to really manage crowds... I genuinely did not enjoy my time in the Harry Potter lands in Florida given how packed it was on a "moderately crowded day". Even MK on New Year's Day was more "enjoyable" crowd-wise. Although we were quite impressed with the immersive feeling of Super Nintendo World in Hollywood and had a great time... for the first 30 minutes... as soon as the "general public" was able to join, waits for the many non-ride interactions in the land became a pure waste of time... and no "express" lines for these interactions... Say whatever you want about Disney... but they still manage crowds way better than Universal.

Short answer... not anytime soon. After a few visits to Universal (Both Florida and Hollywood), there are at least two things I am not a fan of when it comes to Universal... their ride systems (which is not as gentle on the stomach...) and their willingness to pack their parks even more than Disney, while being unable to really manage crowds... I genuinely did not enjoy my time in the Harry Potter lands in Florida given how packed it was on a "moderately crowded day". Even MK on New Year's Day was more "enjoyable" crowd-wise. Although we were quite impressed with the immersive feeling of Super Nintendo World in Hollywood and had a great time... for the first 30 minutes... as soon as the "general public" was able to join, waits for the many non-ride interactions in the land became a pure waste of time... and no "express" lines for these interactions... Say whatever you want about Disney... but they still manage crowds way better than Universal.
I’m expecting crowd management to be Epic’s #1 issue for at least its first year.

Curious when you encountered such terrible crowds at the Wizarding World. We visited first week of May last year and it was much less busy than just days earlier at WDW.

I’m expecting crowd management to be Epic’s #1 issue for at least its first year.

Curious when you encountered such terrible crowds at the Wizarding World. We visited first week of May last year and it was much less busy than just days earlier at WDW.
Early June last year for Orlando and August last year for Hollywood... Different parks... but they both have the same design flaws. Universal tends to make their alleys/walkways narrower than Disney, and allow more people in... In principle, they have more rides... so can move more people... but when people are not on the rides... it tends to creates "flow" issues

I'm really wondering what their plan will be for the first opening year.

Yes, it can seem crowded in WW, but it's supposed replicate the movie. That's how it is.

For me, UOR is much more relaxed vacation compared to WDW.

If you are interested in all things EU, go to youtube and subscribe to Theme Park Stop channel. I have been watching since day 1 of them breaking ground and building this amazing park.

I do a week for HHN each September. So planning on doing Epic next year. Interesting on how they are going to handle it. Would the premier hotels get express pass? Would they even have express at opening?

I do a week for HHN each September. So planning on doing Epic next year. Interesting on how they are going to handle it. Would the premier hotels get express pass? Would they even have express at opening?
Doubtful (current premiers HRH, RPR & PBR) & hopefully not - though I could see the new Helios maybe having express for Epic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter