The Running Thread--2024

I have two packets of the Skratch "so high in sodium you might die" drink mix, but haven't used them yet. I do tend to be a very salty sweater, and to really fall apart in heat, but it hasn't been hot enough yet to even experiment with it (e.g. try a partial dosage one run, work up to a full packet if that goes well).

@DopeyBadger Thank you for that detailed info. I will try to slow just a little next time and see if I can hold on til the end. That record HM is about 2-1/2 years ago now so not the best to go by but not crazy far off either. It does seem to me like I am right on the edge every time I try and that’s why when the wheels come off, they really come off. That 3:30 is really a long term (year or two) goal as right now for Boston I need a 3:25 which doesn’t seem likely but in about 16 months my qualifying window for the next age group (3:35) will open. If I can improve and stay consistent that is much more of a possibility.

Of late:
1. Managed to find a few of the pounds I've worked so hard to lose. Back to trying to get rid of them again
2. Younger DS now wants to do a 10K as a qualifier for the MW half. Have a flat-ish one identified and we'll see how that goes. Probably much better for him than for myself, but if it gets us one corral ahead, so be it.
3. Got harangued into the PTRR, but we'll be at the beach, so it'll have to be virtual. Now I'm thinking a 10K on the hard-packed sand if we'll have an early morning low tide. If not, then the beach road. I'm planning to print the "bibs" to add a level of officialness. Again with the son, so planning to do it on the 4th with him.
4. Stopped at the greenway on the way home from work yesterday to treat myself to a fairly flat run. Put in 5.4 miles at a decent pace. Along the way, passed a guy wearing a Goofy challenge shirt, I think from 2011. We traded congrats. Cool.
5. After having my memory prodded yesterday, I ordered some of the Untapped coffee+syrup to add to my fuel collection. I may have to take some on a run soon. Just to see how well they work in race conditions. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it...

This just came in my email today. Who knew that the Berlin Marathon is a rundisney race!

The LTB (lustiges taschenbuch) is a long running Disney comic book published in Germany. It literally translates to “funny paper book.” I remember reading them in the 80s. In Germany Donald Duck has always been more popular than Mickey, so most of the comics are all based in Duckberg with Scrooge, the Beagle Boys, etc.

The LTB (lustiges taschenbuch) is a long running Disney comic book published in Germany. It literally translates to “funny paper book.” I remember reading them in the 80s. In Germany Donald Duck has always been more popular than Mickey, so most of the comics are all based in Duckberg with Scrooge, the Beagle Boys, etc.

Thanks for the context! Apparently it's an event themed comic book you can purchase that the Disney characters give tips and tricks for the marathon.

I'm now shocked the Disney World marathon hasn't done something similar yet to monetize their event guide.

Enjoyed running the Soldier Field 10 with my DD @Archigeek this morning. It was my third time running this race, and I always enjoy starting and finishing in Soldier Field (where the Bears and the Fire play) and running along the Lake Michigan path. I've been Mike Wazowski-ed before, but never at the finish by a guy running barefoot waving his shoes in my face!

2024 SF 10 Finish.JPG

Enjoyed running the Soldier Field 10 with my DD @Archigeek this morning. It was my third time running this race, and I always enjoy starting and finishing in Soldier Field (where the Bears and the Fire play) and running along the Lake Michigan path. I've been Mike Wazowski-ed before, but never at the finish by a guy running barefoot waving his shoes in my face!

View attachment 863036
I really enjoyed this race too! So fun starting and finishing in the stadium and beautiful views of the Chicago skyline.

20240525_085750.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter