Black Widow

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
Just got done seeing the movie. It was amazing. The dinner scene was a little long . Good time to use the restroom . As another person said stay for the post credits. This is one post credit scene you do not want to miss.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver

Apparently Black Widow did well in terms of profit.

It was so good I watched it twice this weekend. Yelena is hysterical and I can't wait to see her in more Marvel content!
It's definitely a good sign for post-pandemic box-office returns. If anything could do it, it's a Marvel Studios movie!

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
It was really good. Not my favorite, but probably top 10. Stylistically, it reminded me a lot of Captain America: The Winter Soldier

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
It was really good. Not my favorite, but probably top 10. Stylistically, it reminded me a lot of Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Yeah, it's hard to get a rank of the Marvel Movies, but I'd say it's in my top-tier for sure. Then again, I'd probably have an unconventional ranking anyway, but I liked this one a lot!

• BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver

Well this is interesting, Scarlett Johansson is suing Disney
    Yeah, there is definitely a war between the studios and talent over such things. I can't blame her - there is no doubt the streaming release cut into the box-office. Then again, I would think she might get a peice of the streaming take too, but who knows how the contract was worded. It's too bad that so many movies aren't getting their fair shot right now.

HiStitch626

Tookie bah wah bah!
    I am glad to see that she is taking a stand. I know that things were altered because of the pandemic and that originally Black Widow was supposed to come out about a year before it actually did. I think it likely that it’s original release date would not have included a Disney+ option, and I understand why Disney made the change to include the streaming option as so many theaters are not yet open or people are nervous about going out to a theater. But, this absolutely affected the box office take for the film. Scarlett probably does have some of her income based on streaming elements, but there’s a big difference between residuals that you get from later streaming options and actually opening the film on a streaming service. I am sure she will be accused of greed, but I think this suit is about much more than money.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    I am glad to see that she is taking a stand. I know that things were altered because of the pandemic and that originally Black Widow was supposed to come out about a year before it actually did. I think it likely that it’s original release date would not have included a Disney+ option, and I understand why Disney made the change to include the streaming option as so many theaters are not yet open or people are nervous about going out to a theater. But, this absolutely affected the box office take for the film. Scarlett probably does have some of her income based on streaming elements, but there’s a big difference between residuals that you get from later streaming options and actually opening the film on a streaming service. I am sure she will be accused of greed, but I think this suit is about much more than money.
    Yeah, people should remember that it's not just about her, it's about every talent affected by such things, many of whom are not rich mega-stars. It's about the precedent, not the money.

• TwoMisfits

DIS Veteran
    Yeah, there is definitely a war between the studios and talent over such things. I can't blame her - there is no doubt the streaming release cut into the box-office. Then again, I would think she might get a peice of the streaming take too, but who knows how the contract was worded. It's too bad that so many movies aren't getting their fair shot right now.
    They gave her nothing when she had huge box office performance deals...this was Disney at full schmuck, and they will pay...

Now, to see if the Pixar animators can make a case, too...

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    They gave her nothing when she had huge box office performance deals...this was Disney at full schmuck, and they will pay...

Now, to see if the Pixar animators can make a case, too...
    Yeah, it's sad what they've relegated Pixar to. Not that I minded being able to see Soul and Luca for free, but they deserve better. The last movie I saw in theaters before lockdown ws Onward! I'd have gone to see both of the others had there been the opportunity to do so. Luca was brilliant!

RamblingMad

DIS Veteran
    It's always about the money.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    This one is looking to get ugly too! The sharply worded response from Disney was definitely tacky, but appeaantly it has upset Kevin Feige. I think Disney has created their own PR nightmare - what are they thinking?

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
    Frankly I'm a bit surprised by the response from Disney. There is some truth to the statement with the pandemic and all but they should have just kept it civil.
    Yeah, that was really shocking, and regardless of who is right on the finer points of the contract, the public support will be with ScarJo. They could have kept it to a, "We disagree with the assertions made and will make no further comments at this time."

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
    As long as I have Disney+ will unlikely pay for early access to anything or go to a movie in the Theatre. Same for HBO with WB movies moving forward.

I will make an exception if movie tickets or the early access come with a full digital copy.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES