Juneteenth set to become a federal holiday in the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilbret

DIS Veteran
They get a paid day off if it passes? :confused3
In this climate, of course it passes unanimously. I don't have a dog in the fight. Another holiday, great. I'm sure most companies will just take one day away or offer a floating day. When MLK day was added in WA State, they took away a day of Christmas. Marketers will love a June holiday, it's a dead period.

Anything on the horizon for August?

• Malfie Cent

Registered
    In this climate, of course it passes unanimously. I don't have a dog in the fight. Another holiday, great. I'm sure most companies will just take one day away or offer a floating day. When MLK day was added in WA State, they took away a day of Christmas. Marketers will love a June holiday, it's a dead period.

Woman's Suffrage, I'd say that deserves a Federal Holiday status

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
    Concacaf Gold Cup final on August 11 in Las Vegas if the USMNT make it. I wish we could get a day off every time a USA sports team gets to play in a final. :-) In all seriousness, this new holiday will do a lot of good for the country I think.

• Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
    And it only took about 140 years after the first one that women were allowed to participate.
    I'll gladly take a holiday that commemorates that even if grumpy old men don't think it matters.
    I didn’t mean it like that. I just think it should be celebrated within Election Day itself. :confused3

GAN

DIS Veteran

Sure ...Victory Day(aka VJ Day). It's a holiday here in Rhode Island -2nd Monday of August

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES