Minnie Vans?

FCDub

DIS Veteran
Maybe. Maybe not. No one really knows. People have reported seeing the fleet parked over by Epcot, though others have said some of the fleet has been returned/sold off.

Just have to wait and see.

erionm

DIS Veteran
The ride share pickup location at DHS was recently moved to the far end of the bus loop. Disney included a new Minnie Van sign when they put up the new ride share location signs. Can't see Disney putting up a new Minnie Van sign if they intend to kill off the service permanently.

nlenguyen

Mouseketeer
Is this service ran by Lyft? Maybe as more cast members are coming back to work, these services will come back

erionm

DIS Veteran
Is this service ran by Lyft? Maybe as more cast members are coming back to work, these services will come back
The Lyft app was only used to arrange and pay for rides. Disney leased the vehicles and they were driven by Disney CMs.

Rm4OneMore

Mouseketeer
We spent 3 hours at the Magic Kingdom bus stop waiting for a bus back to Pop Century on the first night of our last trip, after getting up at 3:30 AM to catch a flight. We were so exhausted by the end of the night that we forgot all about the Minnie Van service. After that first night, we used it multiple times during the rest of the trip. We kicked ourselves for not remembering it that first evening. I really hope they bring it back. I'm sure it'll cost more $$$ than it did before they paused the service but an extra hour of my time with the family is worth it.

JenBush

Mouseketeer
If it made Disney money, I would be surprised if it didn’t come back. I see a lot of reports of people missing the minnie vans, but i don’t know how much use they really got considering they were roughly double the price of a normal Lyft or Uber all the times that I visited. I wonder if Disney will bring them back next year when DME ends and use them primarily for airport transfers.

• CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
    The ride share pickup location at DHS was recently moved to the far end of the bus loop. Disney included a new Minnie Van sign when they put up the new ride share location signs. Can't see Disney putting up a new Minnie Van sign if they intend to kill off the service permanently.
    🤞

• azrivest

Chasing the rDream
    Minnie Vans had the advantage of included car seats, which you can't always get with a standard Lyft. So for families of young children, they were easier to use, even if more expensive. I really hope they bring them back

nlenguyen

Mouseketeer
    Minnie Vans had the advantage of included car seats, which you can't always get with a standard Lyft. So for families of young children, they were easier to use, even if more expensive. I really hope they bring them back
    That’s a good advantage. That’s why I’m like wondering how Disney is coming to the decision to not get these service running

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
    …though others have said some of the fleet has been returned/sold off.
    That’s how fleets work though. As vehicles age and/or leases come up, you return the vehicles with the intention of buying/leasing new ones. Though with the current situation in the automotive sector, cars are very hard to come by at the moment.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES