Monsters Inc 2, Toy Story 5, and Cars 4

Disneyboy24

Mouseketeer
Does Pixar have any intentions of making Toy Story 5 just with Andy and Woody, Monsters Inc 2 and Cars 4? since I'm a gear head.

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
There hasn't been any talk about the others, but there is "Monsters at Work" which is a series coming to Disney+ that follows after the movie. It starts later this month I believe.

Last edited:

BrianL

Doom Buggy Driver
So, actually, Monsters at Work came out today - first two episodes on Disney+. It picks up right where the first movie left off. It very good too!

FlightlessDuck

Y kant Donald fly?
There was a Monsters Inc 2, already, although it was a prequel.

I think the Cars franchise might be done since Cars 2 and 3 weren't overly well received

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Is there anything else you can really do with a 5th Toy Story though? I mean you could always recycle the rumored plot of Prospector defeating Woody at the end as revenge but that's about it.

maverik85

DIS Veteran
I feel the same way. But at the same time people thought that as well in regards to Toy Story 4 and it turned out well. I'm not sure what they would do exactly but maybe they could think of a story. I think a Disney+ series is more likely though for most of these. The toy Story toons shorts seemed like a decent concept to evolve into a full tv show. I could easily see Cars do that as well.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES