Ride capacity today?

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
I’m personally thrilled that these restrictions are being relaxed so much but my dad is a little scared because he’s not sure his J&J will be enough (he didn’t want to get Pfizer or Moderna, but I got Pfizer). So his plan is to still wear a mask and social distance with me as his “buffer” in line (I’ll stand away from him to prevent people behind us from moving close to him) and he wants to bring a bunch of Lysol into the parks 😂. I personally think both those things are very unnecessary, but I’m willing to do it if it makes him more comfortable. But I’m not wearing a mask in July in California if I don’t have to lol.
yeah I was thrilled but one of my party is upset there wasn’t more notice for people (like him) who were only going BECAUSE of masks and social distancing. You can’t make everybody happy... sigh.

handyl03

Earning My Ears
my family is currently discussing how we feel about going with no masks or social distancing. Two in favor one against. (All fully vaccinated)

so my question is .... have they increased ride capacity and eliminated spacing in lines without letting more people into the parks (yet)? Or are they going to increase capacity, too.
The Toy Story Parking Lot opens again on June 18th. I’m wondering if that’s when capacity will see its first increase? More parking, more people?

GBRforWDW

DIS Veteran
Yeah, I was shocked because WDW has been gradually relaxing requirements while DL did it all at once with one day notice
It seemed all at once, but to me, it always seemed like Disneyland was going to change as soon as June 15th hit. That was the day given that lots would change throughout the state of California. Obviously, Disney didn't have to follow suit, but it really did make the most sense that Disney made the change.

Bigmace

Mouseketeer
I just heard that in the afternoon yesterday they just allowed everyone into Avengers Campus, no more standby line. Can anyone else confirm that or report back on the upcoming days. It wont break my heart if we don't ride web slingers but Mission Breakout is a must!

GBRforWDW

DIS Veteran
I just heard that in the afternoon yesterday they just allowed everyone into Avengers Campus, no more standby line. Can anyone else confirm that or report back on the upcoming days. It wont break my heart if we don't ride web slingers but Mission Breakout is a must!
Makes sense that they would given everything else with distancing ended. I'm sure that the stand by line was nice for those that bypassed it. 😂 Probably was really nice for all the other ride lines as well.

bibbidibobbidibunch

Earning My Ears
We rode web slingers around 2:00 yesterday afternoon and there was still a standby line at that point. But I think they could easily do away with it and be fine. I don’t think the area is going to be overrun with people because there’s really not that much to do in there and I think people would quickly realize that and move on.

• kirstie101

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if the plexiglass on ROTR and Indy has been removed? Same for the plexiglass in the loading zones for the rides that had it?
    We rode both yesterday and I didn’t see plexiglass anywhere. First time on ROTR so I was checking out the ride details and could have just missed it.

dina444444

DIS Veteran
    We rode both yesterday and I didn’t see plexiglass anywhere. First time on ROTR so I was checking out the ride details and could have just missed it.
    Indy had plexi glass in row 2 of the loading area and on the ride vehicle in that row. Rotr had plexi glass to separate the 2 rows on the vehicles and to separate the 2 lanes on the way to boarding after ITS.

kirstie101

DIS Veteran
    Indy had plexi glass in row 2 of the loading area and on the ride vehicle in that row. Rotr had plexi glass to separate the 2 rows on the vehicles and to separate the 2 lanes on the way to boarding after ITS.
    That was definitely not there on either vehicle yesterday. Really don’t remember seeing it in the lines either. I did see plexi glass separating the 2 lines on POTC near the front just before you load.

dina444444

DIS Veteran
    That was definitely not there on either vehicle yesterday. Really don’t remember seeing it in the lines either. I did see plexi glass separating the 2 lines on POTC near the front just before you load.
    My guess is they pulled out where they could overnight between Monday to yesterday but didn’t have time to remove it from all locations.

• hilarys

Hilary S
    We have been here since Sunday night. I have not been able to read all the thread, but here are a few updates:

- social distancing disappeared overnight. As we left DCA Monday night they were scraping up the line markers.
    - most rides seemed to be loading normally and fully yesterday and wait times were good.
    - stretching room and guardians pre-load room are being fully loaded and we heard our first “step in to fill all available spaces”
    - we are in line for Peter Pan now and the line is fully packed in using all switch backs.
    -cast members are still masked because CAL OSHA has not updated guidance for employers yet
    - Monday and Tuesday avengers campus was walk in by late afternoon. Line to get in was huge mid day yesterday
    - Disneyland did not let people in early today. Monday we were in the gates by 8:15 and had done three rides by nine. Today they let people in much later and then held them at the hub for a rope drop ceremony at 9.
    - we are having a great trip and it has been really interesting to be here in the middle of the switch

DisneyJamieCA

DIS Veteran
    Yes, this is true. I think it was at around 4:30pm

They are all definitely gone. I’m noticing some of the line plexiglass gone today too.

Last edited:

Skyegirl1999

1st pickle of the day!
    Covid what?!
    Sorry it’s sideways. Rope drop this morning in DL. If you don’t like crowds, I suggest coming right after opening. Our friends came in from the Harbor side right after 9am and sailed right through

View attachment 582516
    Whoa, thanks for the visual. I really didn't think we were going to get back to that kind of DL picture during the summer 2021, to be honest! I have mixed feelings...

handyl03

Earning My Ears
    Our boarding pass for Web Slingers was for 5:30pm last night. At that time there was no standby line to enter Avengers Campus. Ropes were still there to mark space to line up but there was no wait. That morning the line stretched to the pier and doubled back. So if you don’t care about the shows you could wait until early evening to get in to AC to look around & ride Guardians. It was only a 20 min. wait for Guardians in the evening.

DisneyJamieCA

DIS Veteran
    Whoa, thanks for the visual. I really didn't think we were going to get back to that kind of DL picture during the summer 2021, to be honest! I have mixed feelings...
    I was honestly shocked when I turned around and saw it!

Except for some in masks and the lack of fastpass & entertainment, it is completely back to a pre-pandemic day here. Lines haven’t been terrible, but it feels like light summer crowds.

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
    Covid what?!
    Sorry it’s sideways. Rope drop this morning in DL. If you don’t like crowds, I suggest coming right after opening. Our friends came in from the Harbor side right after 9am and sailed right through
    My kids will be thrilled to hear they don't have to drag out of bed at 6:30.

mlggator22

Mouseketeer
    Does anyone know if the trams are running again or if they plan to bring the trams back soon. That is a long walk back to the garage at night.

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
    Does anyone know if the trams are running again or if they plan to bring the trams back soon. That is a long walk back to the garage at night.
    They are not running. I don't think they are coming back anytime soon, but you never know. Toy Story is reopening and it sounds like they will be running buses from the wording on the new mask policy that says you have to wear them on the Toy Story buses.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES